Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Seamlessly Good Meal At Rosti

I love learning about new websites, particularly ones that bring food to me. I was excited when Google Offers had a deal recently for $10 for $20 worth of food to be used at any participating restaurant on Seamless.com. I had never heard of this delivery website and was enthusiastic to try it when I saw all of the amazing Vegan restaurants on it. I decided to try out Rosti in Santa Monica, which I had heard fantastic things about. They have an entirely separate Vegan menu of salads, pizzas and pastas. I opted to pick up the food to avoid any delivery costs.

I ordered the Tuscan Hummus Dip as an appetizer. Unfortunately, they ran out of hummus, which held up my order for quite a while. The manager asked me if he could replace the appetizer with something else. I decided on the Bruschetta Pomodoro ($7.25) as a replacement.


The bruschetta was wonderful. The bread was well toasted and very crunchy. The tomato mixture was slightly sweet and very oily, with a bitter flavor from the onions and basil. The softness of the tomato checca was a great contrast to the crispy bread.

Next, I had some pita that Rosti gave me, which was made for the hummus I sadly did not receive.


The bread was a little peppery and very tasty. It was very crunchy and toasted well.

Next, I had the Penne Puttanesca ($12).


The pasta dish was very delicious. The penne was soft and easy to chew. It was coated in a spicy tomato sauce and had a subtle taste of white whine. The olives were very juicy and added a lovely bitterness to the dish. The capers enhanced the flavor and spiciness of the dish.

Lastly, I had a bowl of Vegetable Soup ($6) that was complimentary, since I had to wait such a long time for my food. The free food more than made up for the inconvenience.


The soup was very scrumptious. The broth was very flavorful and seemed to have a tomato base, which gave it a wonderful sweetness. The soup was filled with soft, delectable vegetables and lentils to give it a hearty taste.

Overall, I really enjoyed the food from Rosti. I was a little annoyed by the hummus situation, but am happy about how it was handled. Everything was very tasty. While the prices are on the expensive side, the portions are quite generous. The food lasted me three meals! With the seamless.com discount, I only paid $11 total. I will definitely order from both Seamless.com and Rosti again!

No comments:

Post a Comment