Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Marvelous Meal At M Cafe

My night started at marvelously when I ventured to M Cafe in West Hollywood. I was excited to try their "Macrotize Me" winner, vegetable lasagna. I love ordering dishes at restaurants that are a limited-time only, since these dishes are typically more innovative and use unique ingredients. I also try to take advantage of these specials, since I don't know if they will ever return to the menu and I hate the feeling of missing out! It also helped that I had a Google offers voucher for $15 for $30 worth of food.

The Vegetable Lasagna ($15) came out pretty quickly and looked lovely.


The lasagna was so scrumptious. There were layers of delectable, well-seasoned vegetables and luscious tofu ricotta crumbles. The tomato sauce added a wonderful sweetness to the dish and the cheesy topping took the dish over the top. The accompanying salad was also very good, as the vegetables were very crisp and fresh and the balsamic dressing was light and tangy.

For dessert, I had the Chocolate Cake ($6.25), which is one of my favorite cakes.


The cake was so moist and perfectly sweet. There were layers of rich mousse that was so decadent and heavenly. There was a hint of peanut butter flavor that enhanced the chocolate. The chocolate ganache topping was mere perfection.

I also took the 2 Salad Combo ($9) to go. I opted for the Kale with Spicy Peanut Dressing and the seasonal salad, Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad.


The salads were not packaged very well and leaked through the box and spilled out. I was able to salvage most of it, although it was not as tasty as I'm sure it would have been. Nevertheless, the kale was well-massaged and easy to chew and coated in a scrumptious dressing that had a lovely mixture of saltiness and spiciness. The beets were so sweet and tender and a great contrast to the crunchy walnuts.

Overall, the meal was great, despite the poor packaging and having car issues that night. The food at M Cafe is a bit overpriced and I could not believe that the lasagna was $15. I was happy that my Google Offers voucher reduced the price to be more reasonable. I ended up spending about $17 for a good amount of food that lasted me more than 2 meals. I would definitely return again, though, especially with another discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment