Friday, June 14, 2013

An Exquisite Meal At Evo Kitchen

A couple of weeks ago, I ventured to Hollywood to dine at Evo Kitchen, a lovely restaurant which was formerly the beloved pizza chain, Pizza Fusion. The day I dined there it was hot outside, yet the restaurant was cool and refreshing. The waiter was attentive and noticed I was overheated from the short walk over from my car and brought me water almost immediately. I was happy to sit in the cozy restaurant and relax for a bit on the lethargic day.

For an appetizer, I got the Raw Veggies with Fig & Hummus Tapenade Platter ($7).


This was delectable. The vegetables were very crisp and fresh and took on the flavors of the dips very well. The fig tapenade was sweet and succulent, while the hummus was creamy with a slightly bitter tahini flavor. The portion was very good and filling.

For my main dish, I got the personal size BBQ Chicken made Vegan pizza ($10.50).


This pizza was fantastic. The BBQ sauce had a lovely sweet flavor, with a subtle smoky taste. The faux chicken was slightly chewy and very meaty. It absorbed the sauce perfectly. The red onions added a slightly sweet and bitter flavor, which was enhanced by the green onions. The Daiya mozzarella cheese was melted very well and was not too oily.

To finish off the meal, I had the Vegan Coconut Sorbet ($4).


I'm usually not a fan of sorbet, but I loved this concoction. The sorbet was very creamy and resembled ice cream more than the typical icy sorbet. The coconut flavor was very prominent, but did not taste artificial at all. The sorbet had a lovely sweetness, but was not too decadent. It was light and refreshing on the warm pre-Summer day.

I really enjoyed my meal at Evo Kitchen and loved the atmosphere. It wasn't too noisy and would make for the perfect place to get work done or just take a break from a busy day. Everything was very tasty and did not leave me feeling heavy. Since I had a $12 for $24 Living Social voucher, the meal was very reasonably priced, at about $15 total. I will definitely return to Evo Kitchen soon and hope they have another deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment