Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Sweet Meal At Sage Vegan Bistro

On a lovely evening after spending the day with my friend at the Griffith Observatory, we headed over to Sage Vegan Bistro to enjoy a delicious meal. I love how the food is eloquently presented and has sophisticated flavors, yet the atmosphere is so contradictory with a laid back, hipster vibe. It was a little noisy, since the restaurant was packed, but my friend and I were still able to catch up over a wonderful meal.

For my entree, I ordered the Gluten-Free Vermicelli Bowl ($13).


I honestly had no idea what to expect from this dish, but I found it to be very good. The grilled tofu battered with a fantastic sesame ginger sauce was spectacular. It seemed like the perfect replacement for salmon (which I used to love prior to going Vegetarian). The kimchi added a wonderful bitterness, while the juicy mandarins and succulent pomegranate seeds were a great contrast, adding a subtle sweetness to the dish. The kale was well massaged and the cucumbers were nice and crispy.

For dessert, I had a waffle sandwich ($7).


This was spectacular and everything I would expect from a waffle sandwich and more. The waffle was so soft and buttery with a slight crispiness. The ice cream had a lovely chocolatey coffee mixture and was not too sweet. It was a little too icy in spots, but still very enjoyable. The maple syrup took the sandwich over the top and made it taste so heavenly. Eating this dessert made me feel like I was floating on clouds for the rest of the night.

Overall, the meal was fabulous. Everything was so tasty, but not too indulgent that I would feel disgusting afterwards. We used a 30% off coupon from Blackboard Eats, which significantly reduced the cost of the meal. It ended up being about $17 (with tax and tip) per person. I cannot wait to return to Sage soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment