Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Divine Meal At Darbster

During my visit to Florida, we hit up one of my favorite restaurants: Darbster. This place has amazing food, a relaxing ambiance overlooking a river and tons of cute dogs. I love that the owners donate the profits from the restaurant to their animal foundation, and it gives me even more incentive to support them. 

We began the meal with the Vegetable Tempura. 


This is one of my favorite things to get at Darbster. The vegetables are deep fried and coated in a scrumptious beer batter. They are perfectly crispy on the outside and so soft and delectable inside. The sesame topping adds an extra crunch and saltiness to the dish.

Next, we had the Palm Cakes appetizer.


These are made to replicate crab cakes, which I have never eaten, so I am not sure how they compare. Nevertheless, Darbster's version is delicious. The outside was flaky and slightly crispy, while the inside was soft and gooey. It was very salty and had a slightly fishy taste. The sauce was very creamy and had a bitter taste. 

Next, I ate my grandma's dish, the raw burrito special. She didn't eat much, since she didn't understand the concept of raw food and was disappointed that it was a cold dish. Since I love raw food, I really enjoyed it.

The burrito was coated in a collared green wrap, which was very crunchy. I'm not a huge fan of collard greens but I still found the dish to be very delicious. The inside was loaded with a walnut meat and salsa. It had a very savory flavor. The jicama fries were delicious and very crispy. The jicama slices were coated in a mildly spicy sauce. 

Lastly, I had my own dish, which was the Chicken Enchilada special. 

I loved this dish. It was coated in a creamy sauce that was perfectly salted and a little sour. The enchiladas were crispy and filled with meaty soy chicken strips and melty daiya cheese. The accompanying beans and rice were very hearty and the guacamole added a rich avocodo taste. 

Lastly, we had dessert, which was also a special, the Creme Brulee. 


This is the first vegan creme brulee I've had and it was just as good as any non vegan version I've had, maybe even better! The caramelized topping was perfection and was so succulent. Underneath it was a lovely creamy concoction that tasted so heavenly. I wish this dessert would be added to the regular menu so I can order it again!

Overall, the meal was fabulous. Darbster is truly a gem and a must when visiting the West Palm Beach area. We used a coupon I received from joining Darbster's e-club, which is good for a free appetizer or dessert when dining on a Wednesday or Thursday night. Thus, our creme brulee ended up being free, which saved us about $9. I cannot wait to return to Darbster on my next visit to Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment