Sunday, May 6, 2012

Very Convenient Meals From Vegin' Out

A few weeks ago, I ordered a week's worth of food from Vegin' Out using a Gather Green voucher I purchased for $58. Here are some of the lovely dishes that came:


This was a Chicken Noodle soup. It was very tasty, but needed a little more seasoning to be more reminiscent of a hearty chicken soup. I would have also loved it if there were faux chicken strips to give it a more savory taste. Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable to eat and the noodles were quite slurpy.


This was the Coconut Curry Chickpeas. It had a lovely creamy texture and had a subtle sweetness. It was mildly spicy. The chickpeas were nice and soft and the bell peppers added a slight crunchiness.


This was the Santa Fe Pasta. It was very delicious and quite spicy. The sauce was very garlicky and had a rich flavor. The vegetables were cooked very well. The beans gave it a hearty taste, while the corns added a subtle sweetness.


This was the Oven Roasted Broccoli and Carrots. The broccoli and carrots were well-cooked and easy to chew. They were coated in oil mixed with garlic. It was seasoned very well and very tasty.


This was the Tofu Chilaquile. It was very eggy and cheesy and mildly spiced. The beans were very savory and greatly enhanced the soft texture of the dish.


This was the Kale Salad with Peppercorn Dressing. The kale was well massaged and had a slightly bitter flavor. The tomatoes were sweet and juicy. The peapods added a wonderful crunch to the salad. The peppercorn dressing was very creamy and had a wonderfully bitter taste, with a hint of sweetness.


This was the Three Grain Salad. It was the only dish that I could not stand and had to force myself to eat it since I didn't want to be wasteful. The dish had an odd, fishy taste and the dish was a little too crunchy, which was off putting. 


This was the Spiced Cauliflower. This was my favorite of all of the sides. The cauliflower was well-cooked alongside delectable caramelized onions. The dish was perfectly spiced and had wonderful Indian seasonings. There was a slight taste of ginger, which was very calming.


This was a Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie. It was soft and luscious and had a rich chocolaty flavor. The interior was nutty, which added a wonderful crunch and prevented it from being too sweet. 

Overall, I really enjoyed all of the dishes. Every time I order from Vegin' Out, the food seems to get more flavorful. Many of the complaints I had when I first started ordering from there was that the food needed more seasonings. This seems to have been fixed, although I think the Three Grain Salad had too many contradicting seasonings, which made the flavor seem so disgusting to me. I highly recommend Vegin' Out. The food typically lasts me 9-10 days and is pretty filling. With the deal, it cost me less than $7 a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment