Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Virtuous Meal At Veggie Galaxy

Upon my arrival to my hometown of Boston, my dad and I had a wonderful breakfast at Veggie Galaxy in Cambridge, a fairly new vegetarian diner. Since it was 7 am and I was sleep deprived and jet lagged, I was not particularly hungry, until the gorgeous food arrived out our table. I ended up eating most of my dad's breakfast, along with my own.

I started the meal off with Taza Hot Chocolate ($3).


This hot chocolate was so decadent and creamy and reminded me of the non-vegan version from my childhood. It was very sweet, yet had a subtle bitter taste. The chocolate flavor was very rich and so heavenly.

Next, I tried some of my dad's Tofu Omelette with seitan chorizo, roasted tomatoes, and caramelized onions ($9).


The omelette was delicious and had a fluffy texture. It had an "eggy" taste, which was greatly enhanced by the savory seitan chorizo and sweet onion and tomato pieces. The home fries were well-cooked and lightly seasoned and delicately coated in oil. The rye toast was crispy and lightly buttered.

Next, I had my own dish, the Stuffed French Toast ($7.75).


Stuffed french toast was also one of my favorites in my vegetarian days and extremely difficult for me to give up. I am so happy that Veggie Galaxy makes this amazing version, which is just as good, if not better than any non-vegan one I used to eat. The bread slices are nice and thick and coated in a sweet batter. Even better, they are stuffed with a succulent banana nut vegan cream cheese. To top it all off, there is a decadent slab of banana butter drizzled with a tangy strawberry sauce.

Overall, I loved the meal. Since it was so early, the restaurant was nearly empty and the service was fantastic. The waitress constantly checked on us to make sure we were enjoying our meal, which of course we were! With the $10 for $20 Google Offer voucher we used, the meal only came out to around $14, with tax and tip. I only wish this place would come to LA, so I could dine there every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment