Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Generic Week of Food From Gobble Green

I have had mixed experiences with Gobble Green. Some of their food can be pretty tasty, while some can be very bland and odd-tasting. The customer service on their website is also very bad and it took more than a week for someone to respond to me. I discovered that their Facebook page is the easiest way to reach someone, as they reply promptly on there and are helpful. I purchased a week's worth of food for $99 on Gather Green. Since I only eat 2 meals a day and the service provided 3 meals a day, I was able to make the food last longer than a week.

The first breakfast meal I had was Maple Applesauce.


I really enjoyed the apple sauce. It had a lovely sweet flavor and had a great texture. It was also very filling.

The next breakfast meal I had was the Blueberry Muffin.


I didn't really like the muffin. It had an odd, plasticky consistency and wasn't very flavorful. I would have preferred it to have been a little more sugary.

The next breakfast meal I had was the Strawberry Oatmeal.


I really liked this and it reminded me of the instant oatmeal I ate as a kid. It was a little watery from being in the fridge, but the oatmeal was very tasty and the strawberry flavor was quite luscious.

The next breakfast meal I had was the Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal.


This was very similar to the strawberry oatmeal, but was a little chunkier. The lemon and blueberry flavors played nicely off one another as it was sweet, with a subtle sour flavor.

The next breakfast meal I had was the Mushroom Scramble.


I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but I still enjoyed this. I added some Daiya cheese to add some extra cheesiness.

The next breakfast meal I had was the Chickpea Scramble.


I really liked this a lot. It had a wonderful "eggy" consistency and was very flavor. It had a mild spice and was pretty flavorful.

The last breakfast meal I had was the Vegetable Hash Brown.


This was also quite tasty. It was very hearty and had a savory flavor.

The first lunch I had was the Paella With "Chicken".


This was pretty good, although it needed more spices. I really enjoyed the soy chicken, though, which had a great texture.

The next lunch I had was the Asian Vegetable Salad.


This tasted very odd to me. It had a gross aftertaste and was very soggy. I had to force myself to eat this.

The next lunch I had was the Southwestern Salad.


This was also very bland and really needed more seasonings and spices. The texture was also a little off.

The next lunch I had was the Vegetable Soup.


This was pretty good, although definitely needed more flavor. The broth was very bland and the vegetables were a little overcooked.

The next lunch I had was the Green Beans with Tofu and Roasted Almonds.


This was very good. The green beans were soft and delectable and coated in a light soy sauce. The tofu was well-cooked and juicy.

The next lunch I had was the Ocean Medley Stew.


This was very hearty and the tomatoes provided a lovely sweetness. It had a savory, meaty taste from the faux meat.

The next lunch I had was the Thai Salad.


The salad was ok, but was a little too soggy. The flavors were a little overpowering.

The first dinner I had was the Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas and Broccoli.


I added some Daiya cheese to give it an extra cheesiness. The sauce was rich and creamy, although the noodles were a little soggy from being in the fridge. I didn't see any broccoli in there, but the peas were very juicy.

The next dinner I had was the Sesame Tofu and Vegetables.


This was pretty good. The sauce was a little watery, but still flavorful. I really liked the tofu, which had a meaty texture and taste. The vegetables could have been cooked a little better.

Next, I had the Cashew Pesto Pasta.


This was one of my favorites. The noodles were very slurpy and coated in a rich, garlicky sauce. The peppers added a wonderful sweetness to the dish.

Next, I had the Chili Beans with Chicken.


This was very good. The spices added a wonderful flavor and the beans were very hearty and savory. The juicy "chicken" pieces added a lovely meaty taste.


This was very good. The chickpeas were soft and juicy and the yams were so succulent. The sauce was a mixture of sweet and spicy flavors.

The next dinner I had was an Indian curry.


I really enjoyed the curry. It was very creamy and flavorful. The chickpeas and green beans were cooked perfectly. I would have preferred if it was a little spicier, though.

The first dessert I had was the Chocolate Chip Cookie.


Gobble Green's desserts are fantastic, especially their cookies. The cookie was so soft and melted in my mouth after being warmed in the microwave. It had a lovely chocolatey flavor and was the perfect amount of sweet.

The next dessert I had was the Banana Bread Cookie.


This was also very good, although it was a little more chewy than I prefer. It also could have been a little sweeter.

The last dessert I had should not have been considered a dessert as it was not enjoyable at all. It was the Sweet Carrot and Coconut Scramble.


This was sickeningly sweet and had an odd texture. The carrot and coconut combination did not work at all.

Overall, the meal service was decent. I would recommend Gobble Green for people who are lazy and prefer microwaved meals. If you can cook, I recommend staying away, since home cooked meals taste way better. With the deal, it was fairly reasonably priced, although $99 seems how much it should normally cost without a discout. I would order it again for an extremely busy week or for a quick weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment