Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Veggie-rific meal from The Vegan Joint

A couple of weeks ago, I got some takeout from one of my favorite vegan Thai places, the Vegan Joint.  Apparently I'm not the only one who loves this restaurant, since the family owned establishment recently opened its third location in Hollywood. I ventured to the original location in West LA to pick up my delicious food. I used a $5 off coupon through Seamless.com that I received from referring a friend.

I first had the Pineapple Curry ($8) for dinner that night.


The curry was fantastic. It had a lovely coconut taste and was so rich and creamy with a mild spiciness. The pineapple pieces were sweet and luscious and the bell peppers provided a nice crunchiness.  The tofu was soft and crumbly, yet savory. The rice was well-cooked and absorbed the flavors of very well. 

The next day, I had the Garlic Chicken Wrap ($8) for lunch.


I wasn't a huge fan of the tortilla bread that was used, as the flavor was a little odd and the bread didn't hold together very well. However, the interior of the wrap was fantastic. The faux chicken was very juicy and meaty and coated in a creamy, garlic sauce. The vegetables were well-cooked and delicately seasoned. The avocado and tomatoes were very prominent, adding their own rich buttery and sweet flavors that contrasted the faux chicken.

Overall, the food was very good. I was able to make the food last for two meals, since each dish was quite filling. The ingredients tasted very fresh and seemed somewhat healthy with the strong presence of vegetables. The food came out to about $12 with the discount. I will definitely order from The Vegan Joint again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment