Monday, January 14, 2013

A Pleasant Meal At Peace o' Pie

On my recent visit to Boston, my parents took me to one of my favorite places, Peace o' Pie, a completely vegan pizzeria in Alston, MA. We went on a Wednesday and took advantage of one of the spectacular deals: Buy one large, get a large 1/2 off.

The first pizza we got was the Fried Tofu Parmesan ($21).


This pizza was fantastics. The tofu was coated in a lovely breading and was so juicy. The tomato sauce had a creamy consistency and a garlicky taste, which balanced out the sweetness of the tomato chunks very well. The mozzarella daiya cheese was perfectly melted and scrumptious. The parmesan cheese took the pizza over the top, adding an extra saltiness and nutty taste.

Next, we had the Garden Pizza ($21) without the mushrooms (since I loathe mushrooms).


This pizza was also very good. The vegetables were well-cooked and tasted very fresh. The pizza dough was also fantastic and was soft, but not too doughy. The tomato sauce was succulent and the daiya cheese added a wonderful gooeyness to the pizza.

Overall, the meal was fantastic.  Both pizzas were delicious and very flavorful.  I particularly enjoyed the Tofu Parmesan, since it's such a unique item I've never seen before. Thankfully, Peace o' Pie always offers superb deals, including daily deal vouchers and their exclusive Facebook offers. An extra tip is to sign up for their e-club to receive even more deals. I cannot wait to return to Peace o' Pie on my next visit to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment