Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Very Veggie Birthday Dinner

Veggie Grill, a lovely chain restaurant that will soon be taking the nation by storm, offers great deals. One of my favorites is the free birthday entree you receive in the mail when you sign up for their e-club. The best part of the deal is that you can pick anything on the menu and you don't have to pay a cent! For my birthday, I opted to be healthy and ordered the All Hail Kale salad with blackened tempeh ($10.50).


This salad is by far the best thing I've had at Veggie Grill. The kale is soft and well-massaged and the nuts are caramelized to perfection. There is a delectable papaya salsa, which adds a wonderful sweetness. The tempeh is cooked well and has a light crunch to it. The only complaint about the dish is that the dressing is a little overpowering and is too sweet. 

Overall, the meal was quite delicious. I truly love the concept of Veggie Grill. I highly recommend dining at Veggie Grill to satisfy omnivorous cravings and as a guilty pleasure for the week or month. Their food is reasonably priced and they offer an enjoyable experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment