Friday, August 24, 2012

A Fantastic Meal At Follow Your Heart

On a sweltering afternoon in the valley, I dined at Follow Your Heart. Since there was a wait to dine inside, I bared the heat and sat on the patio. Thankfully, there were cooling misting sprays, otherwise I would have definitely passed out.

To start out, I had the non-dairy Peanut butter shake ($5).


This shake was so decadent and very refreshing. The peanut butter flavor was very strong and it had a lovely sweet flavor. The consistency was frothy and creamy.

Next, I had the Chile Rellenos ($9), which was the special of the day.


This was very delicious. The poblano pepper was filled with a spicy concoction of soy chicken, vegan cheese and a red sauce. The soy chicken was very meaty and the sauce was so scrumptious. The vegan cheese was barely noticeable. I am not a huge fan of rice and beans, but I did enjoy these hearty accompaniments, as they were seasoned very well. The guacamole added a wonderfully rich flavor.

Lastly, I had some Carnival Cake ($5), which I brought home with me.


This cake was superb. The chocolate cake was very moist and there were layers of cream that were so luscious. The orange cake was also very decadent and had a lovely flavor. The strawberry frosting took the cake over the top and had a wonderful sweetness,

Overall, I really enjoyed the meal. Everything that I have eaten at Follow Your Heart has always been amazing and this meal was just as spectacular. With the $10 for $20 Gather Green voucher that I used, the meal only cost $12.50 total. I cannot wait to return again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment