Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Happy Birthday At Real Food Daily

The thing I love most about my birthday is that since it only comes one time a year, I get treated like royalty. This of course extends to restaurants, stores and yoga/dance studios. I love the freebies and discounts that I receive, from free entrees to free makeup to free exercise classes. This year for my birthday, I took a free yoga class, got some complimentary cruelty-free makeup from Sephora, and got a discount on a fabulous birthday meal at Real Food Daily.

The restaurant was oddly crowded in the afternoon. I thought that the lunch crowd would have died down after 2 pm, but surely I was wrong. Since I didn't feel like waiting for a table, I opted to sit at the community table. Luckily, the people sitting there were wrapping up their meal, so I had a good portion of the table to myself for the meal.

For my entree, I ordered one of my favorites: The Supreme Burrito, wet ($13).


This burrito was fantastic, as always. The ranchero sauce had a mild spiciness and the tortilla was nice and soft and easy to cut into. The inside was filled with a scrumptious, perfectly salted and very creamy cashew cheese sauce. It had a subtle jalapeno taste. The beans and tempeh bacon were very savory and gave the burrito a meaty taste. The guacamole added a rich, smooth and buttery flavor, while the tomatos were very sweet and juicy. The Spanish rice enhanced the spiciness of the dish. The accompanying salad was terrific. The salad was very crispy and the dressing was a lovely creamy tahini concoction that was quite flavorful. It had a slight tanginess that worked very well.

Since I was stuffed and in a hurry, I took my dessert to go: Pumpkin Cheesecake ($7.25).


I love seasonal specials, so I jumped at the chance to try this. The cheesecake was phenomenal. The bottom layer was very decadent and had a succulent pumpkin flavor that was balanced out by the sour notes of the cream cheese. The top was layered with a lovely whipped cream that was light and airy and had a sweet taste of vanilla and cinnamon.

Overall, the meal was amazing. I love that everything at Real Food Daily is homemade, made with care and processed ingredients are avoided. The food tastes very unique and is so flavorful and doesn't leave me feeling heavy after the meal. Since I used a birthday coupon for $10 off, the meal cost about $14 total. It's a bit on the expensive side, especially without a discount, but it's great for an occasional splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment