Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Remarkable Dessert At Cafe Rivva

On my mom's last night in LA, we visited one of my favorite ice cream parlors, Cafe Rivva. I had bought a voucher on gather green for $8 for $16 worth of smoothies and/or ice cream. We were both craving ice cream and my mom desired to try the Vegan version.

My mom ordered a coconut milk based chocolate chip cherry with a few toppings. She really enjoyed it and told me it was very creamy and had a strong cherry flavor.

I opted for the Vegan frozen yogurt, which only comes in Chocolate. According to the staff, they have tried other flavors, but only the chocolate tasted good. Similar to my mom, I also ordered a small with three toppings ($8). For my toppings I chose sprinkles, Oreos, and raw cacao nibs.


This frozen yogurt was some of the best I've had. It is a little pricy, but it does not have the artificial taste that so many Dairy frozen yogurts have. Instead, it had a rich chocolate flavor that tasted very pure and authentic. The consistency was very soft and creamy, which was contrasted by the crunchy cacao nibs and Oreo pieces. The Oreos enhanced the chocolate flavor of the ice cream, complimenting it perfectly. The sprinkles provided a more sugary taste and took the dessert over the top.

I really enjoyed the frozen yogurt and cannot wait to get some more soon, especially now that the weather is heating up. Cafe Rivva is the perfect place for Vegans on those long, hot days when we crave something cold and refreshing. This deal was so great and allowed my mom and me to indulge in these delicious sundaes for only $4 each. I am hoping Cafe Rivva will have another deal soon, although it seems they already do have frequent savings, including introducing a friend to the restaurant and getting a free froyo. I will be taking advantage of that deal very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment