Monday, September 5, 2011

A Relaxing Evening At Euphoria Loves Rawvolution

Euphoria Loves Rawvolution is one of those places where you really need to be in a good mood and have lots of positive energy. You also need to visit their cafe on a day when you have nothing else planned and know that you will spend hours there, whether you like it or not. I went fairly late in the evening, around 8 pm, after a relaxing yoga session. I had the entire night free, so I decided to take advantage of the lax service and lose track of time. It was a little frustrating that the waiter ignored me, but I took to my cell phone and conversed with others. Finally, he came to my table and I placed my order.

About an hour later, my food came out. I'm not quite sure why it took so long for me to get my food when the restaurant was not that busy and the food is not even hot. I understand that raw food takes way longer to prepare than cooked food, but I figured they did much of the preparation ahead of time.

I first dug into the Coconut Jerky ($6).


The jerky was very delicious. It was very chewy with a slightly sweet flavor. The seasoning made it taste very savory and meaty. It had a mild spiciness, with a light curry flavoring. It had such a great texture and truly mimicked the real deal.

Next, I had my entree, the Red Enchilada ($12.50).


The enchilada was amazing. I could not believe that it was raw. Nevertheless, the wrap was a little crunchy and a little difficult to cut into. The flavorings were perfect and there was a nice contrast of sweet and savory flavorings. The mango salsa was so lush and juicy, along with the smooth guacamole. The cashew cheese was very creamy, with a light seasoning and touch of salt. The chili was so spicy and left an intense heat in my mouth. Unfortunately for me, the waiter did not return to refill my water glass while I was eating this, thus my mouth was on fire for a long while.

Lastly, I had a scoop of strawberry ice cream ($4) for dessert.


This ice cream was the perfect choice for dessert and complimented my meal very well. It cooled my mouth down from the enchilada and was very refreshing. This was some of the best ice cream I've ever had, vegan or not, and was so creamy and decadent. The ice cream had a lovely strawberry flavoring, with a hint of vanilla. I love that the ice cream was not overly sweet and did not have an artificial, chemically taste that so many ice creams have. The accompanying strawberry pieces added an extra sweetness to the dessert and provided a lovely slightly contrasting texture.

Overall, I loved the meal. Everything was very flavorful and left me feeling very light and invigorated. I enjoyed that the food did not taste healthy, yet it was so fresh tasting and energizing. I found the food to be more inventive than my last visit and the use of spices and seasonings were done so beautifully. The service definitely needs to be improved, however. With a Gather Green voucher that I used for $10 for $20 worth of food, I spent about $15 total (including tax and tip). Euphoria Loves Rawvolution is a bit overpriced without a voucher, so I probably would not return again without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment