Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Very Brownie Sundae

One of the most difficult things for me to give up as a vegan was dairy products. I recently saw a documentary that chronicled the reasons why dairy is so delicious and addicting. Learning about the casomorphin drug that is present in dairy products instantly reminded me of my horrible cheese addiction not too long ago. My addiction for ice cream sundaes was almost as bad, and it was so difficult to give up. I never thought that I would be able to have the creamy, decadent concoction drizzled in a warm, luscious syrup.

Enter Kind Kreme, a marvelous (almost) vegan ice cream parlor serving up drool-worthy ice cream sundaes. Even better, their Studio City location was recently featured on Scout Mob, offering up a 50% off coupon. Of course, I made sure to take advantage of the deal, and headed over as soon as it was posted. I ordered my favorite brownie sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream and caramel latte ice cream. The scoops were very generous and coated in a salted caramel syrup and topped with generic oreo cookie pieces. This was all on top of a soft, gooey raw brownie.


The ice cream tasted very heavenly and I love that it was not overly sweet. The mint chocolate was my favorite, having a lovely sweetness with a hint of spice. The caramel sauce, however, was a little too sugary and overpowering. The oreo cookie pieces were a great contrast to the smooth ice cream, providing an extra crunch. It also enhanced the flavors, adding a nice chocolatey taste. The brownie was the star of the show, having a rich, chocolate flavor and perfect consistency.

I loved this sundae, although it ended up being a little difficult to finish. Afterward, I felt a sugar overload. Luckily, since it was raw, my body digested it fairly quickly. I ordered the small size, which I could have easily shared with another person. The sundae, normally cost $10, but with the discount only cost $5, which is quite a steal. I will definitely return, as this is one of my favorite ice cream spots. I am anxious to try more ice cream flavors and perhaps even venture to new sundae varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment