Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Brand New Leaf

It's apparently been ages since I've last dined at Leaf, since on my last visit a couple of weeks ago, the place had completely transformed from a casual cafe to full service restaurant. The menu also included new options, from spaghetti and "meat balls" to ice cream sundaes. I was excited to be able to dine in their new space, which was both spacious and comfortable.

I first ordered the rawchos ($6.50).


As a huge fan of nachos, I can honestly say Leaf's version is one of my favorites. The chips are nice and crispy and loaded with toppings, from creamy guacamole to layers of creamy cashew cheese and luscious salsa. There is also a wonderful walnut parmesan cheese, which adds a wonderful saltiness to the dish.

Next, I had the Flying Falafel Burger on mango bread ($10).


This is my first time having this dish, and I fell in love upon first bite. The raw bun is soft with a subtle sweet flavor. The burger had a savory, meaty flavor made better by the creamy tahini sauce. The bean sprouts and lettuce added a lovely crunch. The accompanying salad was very good and had a slightly tangy taste. The beet relish was also very sweet with a hint of salt.

Lastly, for dessert, I had the Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake ($6). I had tried to order a scoop of ice cream, but sadly they were out for the night.


The cheesecake was mere perfection. Leaf's desserts are amazing and surprisingly very healthy. The cheesecake had a rich chocolate flavor and the raspberry sauce added a wonderful sweet and slightly bitter taste. The consistency was so soft and heavenly and melted in my mouth.

Overall, I really enjoyed the meal. I had way too much food and was beyond stuffed. With the $10 restaurant.com gift certificate I used, the meal cost about $18 (with tax and tip). Luckily, I had some food for the next day and felt satisfied. I cannot wait to return and am hoping they will have ice cream the next time I visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment