Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Some More Goodness At Golden China

Golden China in Culver City is amazing. It has recently converted me from a Chinese food loather to lover and I constantly find myself craving their scrumptious food. I am thankful that their food is not greasy nor contains MSG. I am even more thankful that they offer a $25 restaurant.com gift certificate, which makes their food more affordable. On my recent visit, I decided to order some favorites, along with trying some new dishes.

We started out with Egg Rolls ($5).


These egg rolls were gigantic and very filling. They were crispy and flaky on the outside and delectable on the inside. They were served with a succulent plum sauce that was a great contrast to the slightly bitter interior.

Next, we had the Hot and Sour Soup ($6.55).


The soup was delicious. As mentioned in many of my previous posts, this is one of the best hot and sour soups I've ever had. The broth was very tangy and the tofu chunks were very savory.

Next, we had the Vegetable Chow Mein ($8).


Although this was called chow mein, it resembled lo mein. The noodles were soft and slurpy and coated in a delectable beany sauce. The vegetables were stir-fried well and were easy to chew with a very slight crunch. I appreciated that the dish was not too oily.

Next, we had the Dry Sauteed Green Beans ($9).


This dish was fantastic. I must admit I had pretty low expectations, since I don't normally like string beans. Nevertheless, the dish was perfectly seasoned and was glazed with a magnificent, flavorful sauce. The sauce was a little tangy and bitter with a mild spiciness.

Lastly, we had the "Beef" With Snow Peas ($11).


This dish was also very good. The faux beef was slightly chewy and tasted very meaty. It was generously coated in a scrumptious sauce that was beany and had a lovely bitter taste. The snow peas were slightly crunchy and the water chestnuts were very crispy.

The meal was delicious and every dish was flavorful, although many of the sauces tasted similar. I did not feel ill afterward, as I normally do when I eat Chinese food, which is a big reason why I frequent this establishment. With the restaurant.com discount, the meal only cost about $11 per person (there were three of us). I cannot wait to return again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment