Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Shabby Meal At Souplantation

I used to be a huge fan of Souplantation. As a buffet lover, I enjoyed going through the line of food several times and sat there eating food until my stomach was about to burst. While there are plenty of options for vegetarians, the options for vegans are slim. Nevertheless, I headed over there about a week ago to try it out again, since I received a coupon in the mail for a free meal. I reasoned that even if it was a bust, at least it wouldn't cost me anything.


I created my own salad from the salad bar. The vegetables were fresh and tasty and I particularly enjoyed the sugary beets and savory beans. The balsamic vinaigrette was tangy and brought out the flavors of the vegetables. The only vegan soup option was minestrone, which was pretty good, although a little too watery for my taste. The tomato broth had a nice flavor, but lacked spices. I added some scallions to enhance it. There was also a lovely sweet potato concoction that was sweet and luscious, made even better by the succulent dried cranberries and walnut chunks. For dessert, I had some oreo bits and fruit that were in the ice cream sundae area.

Overall, the meal was decent, but I don't think I would return again, unless they added more vegan options. I would love if they added vegan baked goods and dairy-free ice cream. Still, Souplantation offers many coupons if you sign up for their e-club, including a buy one get one free meal. Ironically, it's called Club Veg, which should indicate that they may be open to adding more veg options.

No comments:

Post a Comment