Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Vegged Out Week With Vegin' Out

A few weeks ago, I delightfully ordered a week's worth of food from Vegin' Out. Thankfully, I had a Living Social Voucher that only cost me $58. I redeemed it during a fairly easy week and the convenient and tasty food made my week even more enjoyable.

I started with the Harvest Soup.


The soup was delicious. It had a lovely tomato broth and had soft, chunky delectable vegetables. It was very hearty and filling.

Next, I had the Creamy Butternut Linguini.


This dish was so fantastic. The doughy linguine was coated in a scrumptious sauce that was creamy, cheesy and had such a succulent taste. The broccoli and spinach added a crunchiness to the dish and absorbed the flavor perfectly.

Next, I had the Farro Salad.


This was very good. The bulgar was slightly chewy and coated in oil. The dried cherries added a lovely sweetness to contrast the bitterness of the green onions.

Next, I had the Yellow Split Pea Dal.


This was concoction was lovely. The dal had a wonderful mixture of authentic Indian spices and was very fragrant. It had a moderate heat, balanced out by the quinoa.

Next, I had the Italian Chickpea Salad.


This salad was one of my favorites. The chickpeas were very hearty and mixed with a lovely assortment of vegetables. The sauce had a subtle sweetness and mild spiciness.

Next, I had the Acapulco Black Bean Tamale Pie.


This pie was wonderful. The black beans gave it a savory taste and the corn added a sweetness. There were layers of vegan cheese, which greatly enhanced the saltiness of the dish.

Next, I had the Kale With Golden Beets.


The kale was fresh, well-massaged, and easy to chew. The beets added a lovely sweetness and balanced out the bitterness of the kale. The pumpkin seeds added a nice crunchiness. The dressing took the salad over the top and was creamy with a slightly tart flavor.

Next, I had the Carrots with Maple Caramelized Onions.


This dish was my least favorite and needed more flavoring. The carrots were a little too crunchy for my taste and the caramelized onions became wilted in my fridge.

Lastly, I had the Maple Pecan cookies for dessert.


Normally, the cookies are the highlight of the food, but these cookies tasted a little off to me. They had an odd bitter taste and became too hard too quickly.

Overall, the food was spectacular. Each dish was very flavorful and kept me satisfied throughout the day. I really enjoy that the food is fairly healthy and allows me to get all the nutrients I need very easily. The week's worth of food ended up lasting me about 9 days, so it cost about $7 a day. Vegin' Out is already pretty reasonably priced at $117 for a week's worth of food, but to get an even better deal, customers can double up their order or pay ahead of time. They also have a great referral program to help you save money on your orders. I cannot wait to order from them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment