Monday, October 17, 2011

Even More Deliciousness At Doomie's Home Cookin

While I may not be a huge fan of fried, greasy food, I am in love with Doomie's Home Cookin's food.  My friend and I ventured to Doomie's on a Saturday night, with my previous visit from the week before on mind. I knew I had to try something different, but I had trouble making up my mind. There were so many great sounding menu items and I didn't have any specific cravings that night. My friend also debated about what to order and whether she should try something new or stick with the tried and true. After much discussion with one another and our friendly waitress, we finally made up our minds.

I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana pasta entree ($10). It came with a choice of soup or salad. Opting to be healthy to counteract the fattening entree, I chose the salad.


The salad was really good, despite it containing standard ingredients. I would have loved for there to have been some fake cheese or something to give it a little pizazz. Nevertheless, the vegetables were very fresh and crunchy and the accompanying raspberry balsamic vinaigrette had the perfect mixture of sweetness and tanginess.

Next, my entree came out.


This was delicious. The chicken was deep-fried and oily and had a very savory flavor. It was bathed in a sweet marinara sauce and a slightly salty creamy cheese sauce. The cheese sauce was amazing and had a lovely rich taste. The pasta was smooth and slurpy and soaked up both sauces very well. The accompanying bread rolls were soft and warm, with a wonderful garlicky flavor.

My friend also enjoyed her meal, a mock chicken salad sandwich with chili cheese fries.


She let me try her chili cheese fries, which were very delicious. The fries were soft and delicate and were coated in a meaty chili. The cheese sauce was so rich and creamy and took the fries over the top. My friend described her sandwich as being perfectly salty and creamy, but unfortunately was doused in black pepper.

Overall, I really enjoyed my meal. It was quite satisfying and really hit the spot. I love the rich flavorings and that despite the chicken being so fried, I did not feel ill afterwards. I used an LA Voice deal voucher for $5 for $10 worth of food and my meal came out to $7 total. I will definitely be back to Doomie's and cannot wait to try more items from the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment