Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Deliciousness At Doomie's Home Cookin'

I cannot express how happy I am now that Doomie's Home Cookin' has reopened. No other restaurant fills the void they left or provides such satisfying comfort food. While they were closed, I was able to eat some of their delicious food at their all you can eat buffet, but it just wasn't the same as being able to dine at their restaurant. I was excited to be able to once again enjoy their food this past weekend, as I heard that they were even better than before. After an invigorating dance class, I was famished and my food cravings were greatly intensified. Thankfully, I had the LA Voice Deals voucher for $5 for $10 worth of food.

While many of the menu items sounded enticing, I opted to eat one of my favorite sandwiches: the bbq pulled pork sandwich ($9). It normally comes with Doomie's wonderful mac 'n cheese but unfortunately they were out of stock. Thus, I ordered the soup of the day, butternut squash, to replace it. I also replaced the french fries that normally comes with the sandwich with onion rings for $1 extra.


The soup was delicious. I am so glad the soup of the day was butternut squash, as that has always been one of my favorite soups. It was so creamy and had such a lovely, sweet flavor. The sour cream topping was a great contrast and provided a slightly bitter taste.


When I first saw the bbq pulled pork sandwich on the menu, I have to admit I was a bit disgusted. Nevertheless, I love Doomie's take on every dish I've tried, so I knew I had to give this sandwich a chance before writing it off. I'm so glad I did. The bbq sauce was so tangy and perfectly spiced. The "pulled pork" was slightly chewy and had a savory taste. The pickles gave the sandwich a sour flavor that balanced out the subtle sweetness of the bbq sauce very well. The lightly toasted bun was soft and absorbed the flavors beautifully. The accompanying onion rings were so tasty, perfectly deep-fried and crispy.

I was too full to eat dessert, but knew I had to get something to go. After drooling over the desserts in the  case, I chose the fudgey brownie ($4).


This brownie was so rich and lasted for four separate occasions. The name was fitting as it was very fudgey and gooey. It was very chocolatey and decadent. It wasn't overly sweet but still tasted very luscious. This dessert was so amazing and quite possibly the best brownie I've ever had.

My meal at Doomie's was very good and definitely hit the spot. I did not feel gross afterwards, as I so often do after eating fried food. Everything I had was so tasty and flavorful. In addition, the customer service was great and the waitresses were very attentive. With the deal, it only cost about $11 total. I cannot wait to return and am hoping they will be offering up another deal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment