Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Savvy Buffet at Savyon

A few days ago, I posted about an all vegan lunch buffet at Savyon. When I first found out about the buffet, I immediately cleared my schedule for the day to make sure I would be there. I LOVE buffets. They are just so magical and I always feel like a little kid discovering Disney World for the first time, when I fill up my first plate of food. Unfortunately, there are so few vegan buffets in Los Angeles and even the so-called vegan-friendly ones really aren't that tempting. I must say the trip to Savyon was so worth it and it was one of the best buffets I've been to, vegan or not and only cost $9!


The buffet featured so many different dishes, from roll your own falafel wraps to a stuffed pita sandwich to some spicy dolmas and smooth hummus and even a pasta bar. It featured such an eclectic array of items, yet they all worked so well together. There were both hot and cold dishes to add variety. What I really loved about it is everything was very tasty but also healthy and unprocessed, so I was able to eat a lot without feeling disgusting afterwards. I also got my fill of fruits and veggies and even legumes. I got about three platefuls and a bowl of hearty lentil soup.

 My favorites were definitely the stuffed pita sandwich filled with pesto and veggie spread which was so scrumptious along with the sweet and refreshing avacado-mango salad. I also loved the oily cooked potatoes and the creamy vegetable curry dish and found myself loading up on these items. Overall, everything was just so delicious. I was sad when I found out I missed the veggie wraps, so next time I will be sure to go to the buffet earlier (I went around 2 pm). The staff were also super friendly and continuously came over to my table to make sure I was enjoying the food, which I definitely was! I really hope they offer this buffet again in the future as it was superb and the offerings were beyond what I had imagined them to be. It would be great to have more vegan buffets!

2 comments:

  1. As of July 2011, Savyon Cafe has made some changes to their buffet. It is no longer an all-vegan buffet. They have added some vegetarian and some meat dishes to their buffet and raised the price to $12.99. See their website for more info: http://www.savyoncafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Tony. I heard about this and was very upset that they are getting rid of the Vegan buffet. It was so great to have a completely Vegan buffet that had such an eclectic offering. I only went to the buffet once and am sad I won't be able to go again. My hope is that their new buffet won't do well and they will realize the former buffet is better.

    ReplyDelete