Thursday, March 10, 2011

Who Says Nothing Comes For Free?

Ever since I was little, I remember my parents telling me that nothing is free in this world and if it seems like it is, there's always some kind of catch. "Free" books end up turning into hundreds of dollars in bills sent in the mail because we didn't read the fine print. As I grew up, I learned that there is such a thing as "free" and not everyone is out to scam vulnerable, naive people. This post is for all you green gals (and guys) who want to keep your body looking good while keeping in the green in your wallet.

I recently discovered that LA is full of free ways to exercise and in the past few months, I haven't paid a dime to get my body more fit. No, I'm not talking about hiking or running the streets, but the yoga studios that line the streets as frequently as Starbucks. Most of these are offering free classes and you just don't know it! I am compiling a list of free classes to stimulate your mind and body, so you'll have the energy to save the world after! Keep checking back for updates and let me know if I missed any!

Lululemon Athletica-This store is a godsend. Not only are their clothes cute and stylish, but their stores also offer complimentary community classes weekly. They usually take place on Sunday mornings and range from yoga to dance classes. They constantly have free events going on in their stores from yoga demos to alternative health and wellness seminars. I love that they give back to the community and advocate a green, healthy lifestyle. I only wish they would make the snacks at their events completely vegan and get rid of the non vegan wine and cheese!  To find a store near you: http://www.lululemon.com/stores/

The Heartbeat House: This yoga/dance studio in Atwater offers classes at a great price, in addition to their new student special to take classes for only 5 dollars! Not only are they really cheap, but they frequently offer free demo classes whenever they add a new class to their schedule. This Saturday, they are offering a free ballet stretch and tone class at 12 pm! I've taken a class here before and I really enjoyed it, so I definitely recommend it! http://www.heartbeathouse.net/

Your Neighborhood Studio: This is also a yoga/dance studio in Culver City with great prices and they frequently demo new classes. I attended a free Haitian demo which was really fun and so different from classes I've taken in the past. Tonight, they are offering a free groove/hip hop class at 7 pm, so if you're free make sure to stop by!

Free Unlimited Classes for a week for New Students:
Yoga Shelter in Studio City
Core Power Yoga in Sherman Oaks

Coupons for free classes monthly:
Black Dog Yoga in Sherman Oaks

First Class Free:
The Hub in West LA
YAS in Downtown (coupon needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment