Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wild Wednesdays at Whole Foods!

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Whole Foods. I hate that they are so overpriced, especially in comparison to other natural food stores like Trader Joe's, but I bite the bullet and shop there anyway since they have such great vegan food. On rare occasions, however, they do have really great deals, you just have to be on the lookout. My favorite ones are the pizza deals, since they have some of the best vegan pizza there. These only seem to happen on holidays (especially faux holidays, such as the Superbowl), but when they do, I'm there. I also now look forward to Wednesdays, since Whole Foods has a great deal EVERY Wednesday, not just on a blue moon.

 I LOVE their salad bar and find myself constantly craving it throughout the week. Lucky for me on Wednesdays their salad bar goes all the way down from $7.99 to $5.99/pound. This may not seem like a huge deal, but for Whole Foods, this is crazy savings! The food is fresh and healthy and even in the tiny Whole Foods where I shop, I am still able to find tasty vegan options in both the hot and cold food area. I'm not positive that every Whole Foods does this, but I know for a fact a bunch in Los Angeles do, including the ones in Westwood and Brentwood.  So here's what I got this week:


I mixed so many different salads in the box, it's crazy how many different flavors were going on, both sweet and savory. I can't remember all the salads were in this, but it ranged from a tofu eggless salad, which had an amazing creamy consistency and did not taste like the real thing at all to a scallion hummus, which was also very creamy and sweet, to various quinoa and grain salads that were sweetened by the dried cranberries and a light sauce. It's amazing how healthy this mixture is and probably provides a whole day's worth of nutrients, especially protein! After eating it, I felt refreshed and full, but not bloated. And the best part is all this delicious food only cost me $5! I can't wait until next Wednesday to get this again! 

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! $5 bucks for that delicious salad =D Sweet

    I love Whole Foods too and think their Vegan selection and organic options are superb to other supermarkets. Unfortunately does seem more pricier and none close to Bellflower.

    When are their pizza deals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their pizza deals are very sporadic. The last one took place during the superbowl, where you could order a massive vegan cheese pizza for only $10. It could have fed an entire vegan family. I will be sure to post them in the future, so be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The $10 pizza deal is EVERY Sunday night!! All locations, I believe... I've gotten the $10 pizza deal in El Segundo several times, and even in Las Vegas recently. Definitely check it out! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I've never seen that before! Thanks so much for the info!

    ReplyDelete